Our seminar will be held on 28, 29 and 30 June 2016 and will look at selected damage mechanisms and how to address them. Conventional coal and gas fired plants and HRSG’s will be covered.
The course is presented over three days with Day 1 as an introduction to damage mechanisms and NDT methods. Day 2 has a more in depth focus on varies boiler and turbine components. Day 3 focuses on P91 material issues and HRSG’s.
Dr Chris Charlesworth
Advanced Technology Manager, ALS
Mr Victor Ferris
P.E. | Chief Executive Officer | HRST, Inc
Mr Damien Charman
Principal Consultant, ALS
Mr Dale Franke
Senior Metallurgist, ALS
Dr Warwick Payton
Senior FEM/Life Assessment Engineer, ANSTO
Mr Darren Sullivan
Welding Engineer & Pressure Vessel Inspector, ALS
- Introduction to NDT Methods.
- Introduction to Failure Mechanisms in Power Plants.
- Introduction to High Temperature Life Assessment.
- Inspections of Rotors and Valves.
- Difference between fitness for service, life assessment and defect assessment.
- Requirements to conduct a successful assessment.
- Management and NDT of steam piping systems.
- Importance of Boiler Water Chemistry.
- Pressure vessel inspection/legislation requirements.
- P91 Material overview and case studies.
- HRSG Economiser and Evaporator Pressure Part Problem Areas.
- HRSG Superheater and Reheater Pressure Part Problem Areas.
- HRSG Assessment Focus Priorities.
- HRSG Pressure Part Upgrade and Repair Strategies.