ALS provide core gas permeability services whether at the wellsite directly on whole or slabbed core or at the laboratory on plug samples. We also conduct routine petrophysical analyses such as bulk density, grain density and porosity in our Laboratory facilities.
Bulk density is measured with a calibrated caliper for regular plugs or by mercury immersion for irregularly shaped samples. Grain density and porosity are measured with our Helium porosimeter.
For quality control, qualitative assessment, quick data acquisition at the wellsite or immediate access to relative permeability during a core viewing, ALS utilise a portable, handheld air permeameter.
• Handheld, quick readings
• Permeability of rock matrix or effective fracture apertures on outcrops or at the core scale
• Permeability range: 1 milliDarcy to 10 Darcy's.
• Identification of fracture apertures from 20 microns to 2 mm
We provide a portable, high precision solution to measure steady state permeability to Nitrogen on slabbed core at the wellsite or in our core analysis laboratory.
• Steady-state permeability
• Multi-data points measurements down to 0.5 to 1 cm intervals enabling high resolution permeability profiles
• Valuable data for heterogeneous reservoirs.
The ALS laboratory is equipped with a precision gas permeameter to measure air permeability using the steady state method.
• Hassler type core holder
• Samples from 1” to 1.5” diameter
• Applied confining/pore pressures up to 10,000 psi.
The quick fit core holder allows the efficient loading/unloading of samples improving the turnaround on routine and special core analysis projects.